No one in animal welfare or veterinary medicine can have missed the news about the outbreak of a new strain of the virus that hit Chicago and nearby communities in the last month. This is the first time this strain has been identified in the United States.
What does this outbreak mean for the dogs in your shelter?
Please join Maddie’s Institute® this Thursday, May 7, 2015, at 9 PM Eastern Time when Dr. Sandra Newbury from the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine and UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program presents What Animal Shelters Need to Know About the Canine Influenza Outbreak.
Attendees will learn:
- What we know about this outbreak
- What we’re not sure of
- An overview of what’s happening in Chicago right now
- Whether your shelter needs to worry
- How you can protect the dogs in your care
- What to do if this disease affects your shelter
Get more information and sign up here!